White Elephant Gifts
White elephant presents come from a diverse array of categories, spanning games, toys, and many other possibilities. Your selection of a gift will typically be influenced by the guidelines and restrictions set by the game's organizer, so it's essential to be well-informed about the participants' expectations.
Here's how it typically works:
- Participants: A group of people, such as friends, family members, or colleagues, gather for the exchange.
- Gift Selection: Each participant brings a wrapped gift to the event. These gifts are usually inexpensive, quirky, or amusing, and the value is often set within a predetermined range.
- Draw Numbers: To determine the order in which participants will select gifts, numbers are drawn randomly. The first person with the number one goes first, followed by the person with the number two, and so on.
- Gift Exchange: The game starts with the person with number one selecting a gift from the pile and unwrapping it. Subsequent participants can either choose a new, wrapped gift from the pile or "steal" an already opened gift from someone else.
- Stealing Rules: The rules for stealing gifts can vary, but common rules include allowing a gift to be stolen only a limited number of times or imposing restrictions on immediate steals (ex., a gift can't be stolen back by the person who just had it stolen from them).
- Continue Until All Gifts Are Opened: The game continues until all participants have had a turn or until the group decides to end it.
An excellent suggestion for a white elephant gift would be a toy or game. Given the abundant variety of game options, each boasting different themes, play styles, and appeal, participants in the white elephant exchange are bound to enjoy trading these entertaining toys amongst themselves. Browse our selection of affordable toys and games now!