Starter Kit for a Solar Powered Science Fair Project
Build an environmentally friendly miniature house with working appliances. This kit, ideal for any classroom or science fair project, provides the main components to power a solar ceiling fan and light bulb. You construct the house from the included blueprint using the kit's solar panels and materials you provide. When completed, the house is a working demonstration of solar thermal, solar energy, and photovoltaic power.
- Includes two working panels and one demo panel.
- One panel will power an included mini-light bulb
- Another panel will power an included mini-ceiling fan
- The final non-working panel is for demonstrating how solar energy could be used to heat your water.
- Tubing is included but the pictured barrel is not.
Roof Shingle Style Panel – Dimensions ~1.5in X 2.5in (~6mm X 3.5mm)
Standard Style Panel – Dimensions 1.75in X 3in (7.5mm X 4.5mm)
Mock Demo Style Panel – Dimensions 1.75in X 3in (7.5mm X 4.5mm)
Fan – 2.5in (Blade Diameter)
Fan Motor – 1 1/4in diameter
All wires are pre-connected. Wires between panels and Light/Fan are approx. 12 inches
** Please note: The house itself is not included in this components-only kit.