Fungi, Mushrooms And Algae
1. Mushroom (Psalliota), pileus
2. Morel (Morchella), fruiting body
3. Truffle (Tuber), subterranean fruiting body
4. Black mold (Mucor) mycelium with sporangia
5. Blue mold (Penicillium), conidiophores on fruit
6. Cup fungus (Peziza), apothecium with asci
7. Spirogyra with spiral chloroplasts
8. Green alga (Cladophora), branched filaments
9. Blue-green alga (Nostoc), nodule
10. Diatoms, mixed species
Includes an illustrated pamphlet with details for each specimen and instructions for working with prepared microscope slides.
LIEDER prepared microscope slides of highest quality are made in laboratories in Ludwigswburg, Germany under rigorous scientific controls. They are the product of 50 years experience combined with the most up to date techniques.
The prerequisite for excellent preparations is excellent material, well preserved and fixed so that the finer structures are retained in as life-like away as possible. Microtome sections are cut from this material by our highly skilled and experienced staff. They are of a thickness which will finally result in slides from which the maximum resolution of the structural components can be obtained.
Particular attention is paid to the staining technique and in each case the selected method for a particular specimen will ensure the best possible differentiation combined with clear definition and permanency of staining.
LIEDER prepared microscope slides are delivered on best glasses with fine ground edges of the size 26 x 76 mm (1'’ x 3'’).