Want to give a product the thumbs up? Add your personal review!
Every product page has the option to Rate & Review our products. Feel free to tell us about any of the products you have experienced. These reviews help us and other customers make educated buying decisions.
Simply click on the link in the product page that reads “Add your review” or “Be the first to review this product”.
Review Writing Tips
We welcome your feedback about the products that we offer which can be shared with science enthusiasts. Please keep the following in mind when writing a review:
- Please limit your review to a maximum of 1,000 words. Keep in mind that quality is always better than quantity. A review that gets right to the point will be most helpful to your fellow science enthusiasts.
- Please write the make and model of the product you are reviewing in the review itself. This will help others to search for and find your opinions. Mentioning relevant specs and features will also help clarify which product you are referring to.
- Please use punctuation. Reviews without commas, periods, etc. are difficult to read and will not be posted.
- Reviews that focus on concrete features and your experiences in using the product are much more helpful than simply saying that you did or did not like an item. We welcome your comparisons with similar items. Rating a product in relation to similar items can often be very useful in helping other science enthusiasts choose the right item for their particular needs.
- It's helpful to mention the context in which you used the product. For example, in reviewing a telescope, specifying what object you viewed as well as the specific environmental conditions can be very informative. Also, mentioning the kinds of science topics/disciplines you're into can help to qualify your comments for fellow customers.
Things to Avoid When Writing a Review
We believe that reading thoughtful feedback from fellow science enthusiasts can be a great tool when choosing products. To make this forum truly helpful, we ask that you avoid the following:
- Offensive or abusive language. Please remember that others will be reading your review.
- "Flaming" fellow reviewers, manufacturers, or retailers. A well-reasoned negative review is far more influential than simply blowing off steam.
- Avoid one-word reviews. Specific details about your experience are much more useful.
- Do not refer to other reviews that appear on the page. Such reviews and their placement on the page will change with time.
- Do not include full name, email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information.
- Do not WRITE YOUR ENTIRE REVIEW IN CAPITAL LETTERS. These reviews are very hard to read and will not be approved.
- Avoid references to specific availability, prices, and shipping as they change often.
- Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other products, offers, or web sites.
- If you discover typos or other errors in either our Web or catalog descriptions, please do not post them in your reviews. Tell us about such problems by sending us an email at Customer Service.
Reviews that do not observe these guidelines will NOT be posted. We may edit reviews for clarity or brevity.
Rate and Review Terms and Conditions
By submitting any content, you represent and warrant that:
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content: that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading; that infringes any third party`s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising); that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation; for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party; that includes any information that references other web sites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or that contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold Scientifics Direct, Inc. (and each of their officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.