Plossl Eyepieces Made Exclusively for Edmund Scientific
These Plossl eyepieces are of a classical design, having two achromats - one for the eye lens and one for the field lens - with the convex surfaces facing each other internally. It's one of the most highly regarded eyepieces today, offering good correction of most optical aberrations and fairly wide apparent field of view at reasonable cost.
Focal Length / Magnification
8mm - 56x
12mm - 37x
15mm - 30x
21mm - 21x
28mm - 16x
- As a general rule for eyepieces, the shorter the focal length measurement, the higher the magnification. 'Field of view' widens as focal length measurement increases.
- The barrel diameters measure 1.25".
- The 28mm eyepiece is the standard ocular for the scope, providing a 3-degree actual field of view of the sky at 16X.
- The 15mm eyepiece provides 30X which makes it possible to see Saturn's rings and resolves double stars.
- Our Barlow Lens (item# 3081478) is also available which will effectively more than double the magnification on our 15mm, 21mm, and 28mm eyepieces and is highly recommended. The Barlow lens will not enhance our 8mm or 12mm eyepieces.